Moving / Relocation

Relocation occurs when current Section 8 / Leased Housing voucher holders wish to move to another apartment and remain in The City of Fall River.
There is no planned relocation at this time however in the event of a need for relocation FRHA has identified three types of housing resources for use by the households during relocation and re-occupancy. These resources are as follows:
A. Section 8 Housing Choice Vouchers: The Fall River Housing Authority will offer Section 8 Vouchers (as approved by the Department) to assist qualified individuals and families with paying rent and utilities. This program will enable residents to find decent and safe housing of their choice. FRHA offers a Family Self-Sufficiency (FSS) program as part of its Housing Choice Section 8 Program to empower participants to gain economic independence. FRHA will offer referrals to comparable replacement units to willing participants.
B. Option to move into other FRHA Public Housing Units: Residents who are leaseholders or were in occupancy during the time of the disposition activity process will be offered another public housing unit at a different location, if available. The new unit will be assigned based on adequate household size. FRHA offers a Family Self-Sufficiency (FSS) program as part of its Public Housing program to empower residents to gain economic independence.
C. Other assisted housing opportunities: FRHA has identified other housing communities that receive some type of rental subsidies. FRHA will coordinate moves to these communities upon unit availability.
If you wish to move to Massachusetts with your Section 8 / Leased Housing voucher from another state, you must request that your current housing authority send your voucher and portability package to:
Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday, 9am – 4pm
*Closed All Major Holidays
Kerry A. Farias
Fall River Housing Authority
85 Morgan Street
Fall River, MA 02720